Fiesta Fish Taco Rice Bowls with Black Beans & Veggies
Tasty Fiesta Fish Taco Rice Bowls are a nice fresh way to enjoy the summer while being low calorie and high in protein.
½ cup of basmati rice
½ (15 oz) can of black beans
½ small bunch of cilantro
1 ear of corn
2 cloves of garlic
½ lb tilapia fillet
1 yellow bell pepper
virgin coconut oil
1. Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a small saucepan. Season the rice with salt and add water; bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
- ½ cup basmati rice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 8 fl oz (1 cup) water
2. Peel and mince garlic. Wash, seed, and small dice bell pepper. Remove husks and silks from corn. Hold vertically in the middle of a bowl and slice kernels off the cob.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 ear of corn
3. Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
4. Heat a skillet over medium heat.
5. In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
6. Rub fish with spice mixture.
- ½ lb tilapia fillet
7. Coat bottom of skillet with oil. Add fish and cook until white and flaky, 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to plate and set aside.
- about 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
8. Return skillet to stove. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 15-30 seconds. Add bell pepper and corn and, stirring occasionally, cook until tender-crisp, 3-4 minutes.
9. Drain and rinse black beans. Add to skillet and stir until heated through, about 1 minute.
- ½ (15 oz) can of black beans
10. Wash and dry cilantro. Shave leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Halve and pit avocado; scoop out and medium dice.
- ½ small bunch cilantro
- 1 avocado
11. Uncover the rice and fluff with a fork.
12. To serve, place rice in a bowl and top with bean mixture and fish. Garnish with avocado, cilantro, and lime juice. Enjoy!
- ½ lime
Balance Your Hormones Naturally With Seed Cycling How Vitamin D3 Changed My Life
You May Also Like
Why Are Probiotics Important for Women?
What do yogurt, kombucha, and kimchi have in common? They’re great sources of probiotics! Probiotics are most commonly associated with digestive support (an estimated 30 to 400 trillion microorganisms live in the gut!) but that’s not the only way probiotics positively impact your health. For women, probiotics can play an...
What Are Probiotics, and Why Should I Take Them?
What Are Probiotics, and Why Should I Take Them? It’s likely that you're familiar with probiotics. In fact, you may even consume them daily — but do you know all that probiotics have to offer? If not, don’t fret. We're here to give you a full rundown of probiotics and...