Tasty Fiesta Fish Taco Rice Bowls are a nice fresh way to enjoy the summer while being low calorie and high in protein.
½ cup of basmati rice
½ (15 oz) can of black beans
½ small bunch of cilantro
1 ear of corn
2 cloves of garlic
½ lb tilapia fillet
1 yellow bell pepper
virgin coconut oil
1. Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a small saucepan. Season the rice with salt and add water; bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
- ½ cup basmati rice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 8 fl oz (1 cup) water
2. Peel and mince garlic. Wash, seed, and small dice bell pepper. Remove husks and silks from corn. Hold vertically in the middle of a bowl and slice kernels off the cob.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 ear of corn
3. Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
4. Heat a skillet over medium heat.
5. In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
6. Rub fish with spice mixture.
- ½ lb tilapia fillet
7. Coat bottom of skillet with oil. Add fish and cook until white and flaky, 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to plate and set aside.
- about 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
8. Return skillet to stove. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 15-30 seconds. Add bell pepper and corn and, stirring occasionally, cook until tender-crisp, 3-4 minutes.
9. Drain and rinse black beans. Add to skillet and stir until heated through, about 1 minute.
- ½ (15 oz) can of black beans
10. Wash and dry cilantro. Shave leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Halve and pit avocado; scoop out and medium dice.
- ½ small bunch cilantro
- 1 avocado
11. Uncover the rice and fluff with a fork.
12. To serve, place rice in a bowl and top with bean mixture and fish. Garnish with avocado, cilantro, and lime juice. Enjoy!
- ½ lime
You May Also Like
While TikTok has grown in popularity for videos of silly dances, lip-syncing and comedic relief, there are many valuable trends and insights that...
Electronics can be a pain in the neck—literally. For many of us, we spend all day on the computer, only to come home...